Our club was started by Randy Ritter (current Club President) and Heather Johnson (current Club Vice President), with three teams as International Soccer Club in 2006. We have operated as Players North Soccer Club (partnered with Players Soccer Club of Las Vegas) for the last 10 years during which time we brought Spanish Springs Soccer Club into the club. resulting in the largest and most successful youth soccer club in Northern Nevada (67 teams and over 900 players registered in 2022).
In April of 2022, we announced a merger with MVLA Soccer Club (Mountain View, CA) and rebranded a Reno MVLA Soccer Club. Click Here for More Information on this partnership.
Our club is based in Reno, Nevada located 450 miles north of Las Vegas; 150 miles east of Sacramento, CA; and 36 miles from Lake Tahoe. Our teams compete in local Great Basin Youth Soccer League and Northern Nevada Soccer League, and NorCal Premier League as a Region 6 member club.
Our Coaching Staff is unmatched in Northern Nevada. We strive to provide the highest level of training available for it’s members. Our “professional quality” staff have coached at all levels of the game: Professional, Olympic Development Program, College and more.
As a club, we take pride in educating and training the players and coaches to a competitive level yet in a positive fun environment. Our club promotes sportsmanship, integrity, leadership, and self-discipline to develop our players through challenging training by stressing the technical, tactical, physical and mental components of the game. Learning to win and lose graciously, acknowledging good play by our team and our opponents, sportsmanship, and being a team player are as important to us as being a highly skilled and competitive player. Our club places a great emphasis on the following:
- The long term development of all players.
- Conducting age appropriate training sessions directed by certified and licensed coaches.
- Offering a year round program for all players under the direction of licensed coaches.
- Provide an opportunity for our players to participate in competitive teams not just at our club level, but provide opportunities to travel and participate with premier level soccer teams.
- Inform players and parents about the pathway to college through soccer.
- Encourage our coaching staff to further their soccer education.